[Wine] Program No Longer Can Save

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Aug 31 06:41:20 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 30 Av 5771 21:51:36 David Baron wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 Av 5771 17:19:13 David Baron wrote:

> > > Did you upgrade Wine last week?
> >
> > I believe there was an upgrade. But it had been working after the
> > upgrade. I have those libwine-***-unstable 1.1.35-1 packages
> >
> > Another question is why there are two versions aound now? The ones not
> > called unstable which are 1.0.1-3.3 on SId and 1.1.24-2 on experimental
> > and there are these "-ustable" packages that are up to 1.1.35 on Sid.
>
> So I compiled and installed the latest and greatest from winehq and got rid
> of all of Debian's packages, just to see what happens.
>
> Same thing. Possible that it is not a wine problem at all?

Whatever, the workaround I was able to do was  copy comdlg32.dll from my old
windows 98 disk and set the application for windows 98. Have not checked for
any ill-effects from this yet ... The page fault in the debugger sited this
dll, the first recognizable object on its output. See if the thing still works
properly now that I can save files.

Hey, I have not run apps with native dlls for years. Originally, I always used
native windows totally, for better or worse, until upgrades of wine choked on
that. It was nice to have the old registry entries, i.e. for program
registrations, active. In the old days, this all worked flawlessly.