[Wine] Pulse audo in 1.3.25+

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:29:44 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:54 AM, oiaohm <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> > ALSA lib pcm_pulse.c:1008:(_snd_pcm_pulse_open) Unknown field
> > handle_underrun
>

> This is why.  output streem will have failed to open because of that.
>
> So its the "multimedia-git" where this is coming from.  People developer
> branches for testing out future forms has some nasty requirements.  Like the
> git version of pulseaudio as well.  That supports the handle_under-run
> feature.
>
> Emulation is the required state to use pulseaudio if you have a working
> version of it.
>
> MacNean Tyrrell basically nice sweet spot wine has to ask for that feature
> since windows applications believe it perfectly fine to under run a audio
> buffer.

Why is wine requesting the feature.  It stops wine from crashing the
> complete pulseaudio server due to it not handling underruns.
>
> Yes its better to be pulseaudio incompadible until it underrun in it get
> more common.
>

> I dont' think I'm understanding you well.  I have set it to emulation, does
1.3.27 non multimedia git work with no sound lag?  1 reason I love the
wine-pulse patch for previous wines was no sound lag at all, anytime I chose
alsa/emulation I got sound lag.  I haven't tested alsa in a long time on
regular wine.  Maybe I'll compile a fresh 1.3.27 and test it.

So are you saying future versions of wine/pulseaudio will allow them to work
hand in hand without patches/emulation/etc?

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell