[Wine] Having problems after installing Wine [osxwinebuilder]

Skipperr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 1 15:27:39 CST 2011

Hello, I installed Wine today using the instructions on the osxwinebuilder page:
http://code.google.com/p/osxwinebuilder/
All went good, until trying out to launch iexplore, or winecfg or anything else.
I get the following error message each time doing the command:
wine winecfg or wine iexplore:

Code:

$ wine winecfg
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
[...]

It repeats itself like that.

Can anyone help me with this? I have installed FreeType, yet it still produces this error message. I have tried searching for this problem as well but got no luck.

I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Thanks for anyone helping. :)