[Wine] Audio CDs not detected by winecfg, and dbpoweramp CD Ripper

boneshaker335 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 1 16:01:23 CST 2011

Hi !

Audio CDs seem to be invisible to winecfg. I want to use dbpowerramp CD Ripper under Linux using WINE. CD Ripper doesn't see audio CDs, too.

I am using WINE 1.3.33, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit. Ubuntu itself correctly identifies the CD drives, and the Audio CDs. The CD-Rom-Drives are internal ATAPI drives, and external Plextor drives connected via firewire. If I put _data_ CDs into those drives and mount them, winecfg sees all these drives (even the external ones).

So accessing data CDs via WINE does work.

The CD Rom Drives are represented by /dev/sr* and mirrored to /dev/sg*. Rights seem to be correct, "rw" rights are set for user AND group (cdrom). My user is a member of the disk, and cdrom groups.

Still audio CDs are ignored. Is there any solution to this problem? Any ideas?

Very best wishes
Pete