[Wine] App Right Fax with wine 1.3.20

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:56:52 CST 2011

On 12/1/11 7:03 PM, jimm1909 wrote:
> SFrankel wrote:
>> cristobal wrote:

>>> Thats a bummer... I was hoping that there would be some way to use fax on Wine.... Im not giving up just yet!
>>
>> Disappointing there isn't any fax software that will work on Wine.  Is this a forever thing or are their plans to add the RAS layer?
>
> I agree. I'd love to see some fax software on Wine sooner rather than later.

The proper thing to do is to find a Linux Fax Printer driver for your
fax device and use that.  I know the capabilities of Right Fax and would
be very grateful if its developers created a Linux version, but suspect
that will be a long, long time in coming.  Maybe you could contact
OpenText and see what they can do.

James