[Wine] Re: Clean enviroments in Wine

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 3 17:52:47 CST 2011

bigseb wrote:

> See, this is where I get lost. Take those first three lines of code, I don't know what they do  :(  The first creates a new wine folder called (in this case) wine-new.

No, it doesn't. What it does is set .wine-new as the default wineprefix for that terminal session.

> The second and third lines I haven't a clue.

The second line runs winecfg for the wineprefix you specified in the first line. If you haven't yet created it, it will be created automatically before winecfg opens. The third line runs winetricks for the wineprefix specified in the first line.

>  Sure, closing the terminal will 'lose my place' so to speak but what do I do with the exporting bit.

You don't do anything with it after setting it, unless you want to change to a different wineprefix in the same terminal session.