[Wine] Re: Diablo II: Interesting sound issue in 1.3

Mysticete wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 5 02:22:05 CST 2011

Upgrading from Wine vs. 1.3.24 (available in Ubuntu Software Center) to Wine 1.3.34 (via the PPA) seems to have resolved the issue.  As a side note, using the instructions on the WineHQ site (http://www.winehq.org/download/ubuntu) to add the PPA to Software Center did not work, and instead I added the repository manually via
Code:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update

Although, I believe the fault there is in Ubuntu 11.10 and not in the WineHQ site. Regardless, the devs may want to make a note of it on the site.