[Wine] DDO issues, again, sorry

ilnar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 9 08:05:47 CST 2011

ok, well im not amazing with Linux, but i got Dungeons and dragons online to work perfectly in the last version of ubuntu. i did, honestly!

i just pulled my pc out again, updated to the newest version of ubuntu. tried to run DDO.
nothing,
quite cross.
played around for a bit, tried a full reinstall of both wine, DDO and the LOTR launcher.
as far as i can tell. im having problems with the launcher trying to patch the game, not wine, but i thought id post up here and see if anyone else is having issues.

basically. when i try and patch the game i get this error from the launcher

Code:
rundll32.exe patchclient.dll,Patch patch.ddo.com:80 --language English --productcode DDO --filesonly
wine: Call from 0x7b835a72 to unimplemented function msvcr71.dll._set_purecall_handler, aborting

fixme:faultrep:ReportFault 0x32f638 0x0 stub

wine: Call from 0x7b835a72 to unimplemented function msvcr71.dll._set_purecall_handler, aborting

fixme:faultrep:ReportFault 0x32f638 0x0 stub

wine: Call from 0x7b835a72 to unimplemented function msvcr71.dll._set_purecall_handler, aborting

fixme:faultrep:ReportFault 0x32f638 0x0 stub

*** Finished ***

im fairly sure I'm missing something simple, but I'm dammed if i can work out what is it.
im gonna take a break from banging my head against the wall and go play dwarf fortress