[Wine] Can't get GTA San Andreas to work on Linux

4cheese wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 10 12:45:00 CST 2011

The title says all. I have a weird graphic error. I can see the main menu, but everything is like colored blocks. The app really crashes when I manage to start a new game from the menu (I've played the game before so I know the menu).

Here are the details :
 - CPU : Intel Core i5
 - RAM : 4 GB
 - GPU : Intel Graphics HD
 - OS : Linux Mint 11/Kubuntu 11.04, both 64-bit OS
 - Wine 1.2/1.3
 - DirectX 9.0c, same result with no DirectX
 - Worked perfectly on my Windows 7 at work
 - Also, it's a non install version of the game. Just unzip and execute.

Here is a screenshot of how it appears:
[Image: http://imageupload.org/thumb/thumb_147516.jpg ] (http://imageupload.org/?d=DEAD9E231)