[Wine] EAX sound

Sydcul wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 11 01:57:19 CST 2011

Hello people!

I have GTA:SA installed and i have encountered some problems with the sound. After googling around i've discovered the problem is EAX. That is a sound engine GTA uses. I can hear the radio/police radio, but i (almost) can't hear sound effects (walking, shooting, explosions etc.). I discovered it is a problem you can stop by turning sound acceleration off in dxdiag.exe, but it is grey there, so i can't change it. There is a sound acceleration option in winecfg.exe, too, but there isn't a real "off" function there. And when i slide it to left or right, nothing happens too. How could i fix this?