[Wine] No sound on Debian Squeeze after building from source

Zeekort wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 11 11:57:38 CST 2011

I'm running on Debian Squeeze and I am unable to get sound working after building wine from source. I'm running on wine version 1.3.34 and problems seem come from the mmdevapi dll file.

Anytime I run an application that tried to use sound (including winecfg) I get:

Code:
err:mmdevapi:DllGetClassObject Driver initialization failed
err:ole:apartment_getclassobject DllGetClassObject returned error 0x80004005
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {bcde0395-e52f-467c-8e3d-c4579291692e} could be created for context 0x1

I checked ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and verifed that mmdevapi.dll is there. I also tried disabling/enabling pulseaudio and no difference.

I also tried disabling mmdevapi in winecfg and got the following when I did a sound test:

Code:
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\mmdevapi.dll"
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {bcde0395-e52f-467c-8e3d-c4579291692e} could be created for context 0x1

When I compiled wine I did so by making sure there were no warnings and errors with ./configure so all dependencies appear to be in order.