[Wine] Re: Running windows DLL functions from GCC application

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 13 21:19:02 CST 2011

robiwan wrote:
> I have a windows native DLL from which I need to execute functions, from within a GCC compiled linux executable.

Simple answer - you can't.

Longer answer - just build your program as win32 program and run inside Wine. Use mingw, to comile win32-pe binaries on Linux

Long answer - use winelib. But do understand that created binary will only run under Wine and only with specific Wine version. And it will not be a standalone app. That means you can not distribute your program by itself in binary format, but it will have to be packaged together with your Wine version.

Yes, winelib app can see both win32 API and POSIX API. But they do not coexist together well in all areas and you have to do extra work when mixing the two. Example: synchronization, files, GUI, network.