[Wine] status of Jack?

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 04:38:34 CST 2011

>> I meant the SVN version of wineasio.
> I could be wrong but, 0.9.0 is what you will be pulling from svn
> anyway. WineASIO doesn't have a whole lot of active development.
After a quick check, I see that WineASIO development is done in GIT, not
in SVN.
There were 5 commits since 0.9.0, and judging from the comments, they
seem to be useful bugfixes / enhancements, so I went with the GIT version.

    * * *

I decided to check the "Wine + WineASIO + Kontakt-Standalone-App"
direction first.

After installing latest WINE, WineASIO and Kontakt Player, Kontakt can
detect that I have ASIO (besides the DirectSound interface), but if I
select it, it says that the device is "Not present".

Do you have idea what do I need to do to actually run it?

(Jack was running when I started Kontakt, but no Jack clients appeared
in qjackctl when I started Kontakt.)

Furthermore, checking the docs and sources of WineASIO, it does not seem
to do anything about MIDI.

How can I get jack midi into wine?

    * * *

I will check the "FST + Kontakt-VST-Pluigin" direction next.
It's closer to my real use case, so I hope I will have better luck with
this approach.

I will report back when I have something.

Thank you for your help:

    Kristof