[Wine] Wine Can't Mount CD

Entanglement wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 15 22:29:28 CST 2011

I have Wine 1.3.34 installed since 1.3.33 was the one that stopped the random ATi video card Warcraft 3 crash. Anyways, now that it's fixed, I would like to install Warcraft 3.

I physically have the CD's right next to me, and when I put them in directly, nothing happens. Neither Linux nor wine is able to pick them up, which is correct I believe.

Using "winecfg" under "Drives" I've set up my Drive mappings. Using the auto-detect, it says D: --> /mnt/cdrom. However, the FAQ here:
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f3515230c198befe0279d32c448d9c8da63be66f
states that it should be /media/cdrom. I'm wondering if the autodetect was incorrect and that I should do it manually.

After I do it manually, all I have to do is do a quick "wine start D:\setup.exe" (or whatever the .exe is called), or did I understand this incorrectly?