[Wine] status of Jack?

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:54:36 CST 2011

>   make sure that you have wineASIO properly installed, as
> you may like to use it as well. for example, sometimes a VSTi may
> crash (or be unstable) using FST, while with wineASIO it works
> flawlessly (or vice-versa). there may be other times, when a VSTi
> doesn't work with FST and does NOT have a standalone version (only a
> .dll) ~ in this case, you might want to checkout SAVIhost or VSTHost,
> as they provide a method of hosting a single-vst (SAVIhost) or
> multiple (with VSThost). link;
>
> http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
>
> VSThost is also available there.
I have tried SAVIhost and VSThost, and they look great, however, neither
of them detects my WineASIO installation.
(In the Devices dialog, all I get are the "MME" ports.)

So this is not a Kontakt-specific problem either; I guess my WineASIO
installation is dysfunctional.
I will look at this for some more time, and then try some older versions
of WineASIO.

      Kristof