[Wine] Can't install Civ4

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 20:16:18 CST 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 7:07 PM, BobTheBull <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I could have told you that wouldn't work, because I tried it before.
>
> But I did it anyway because you said to, everything from the command line. The only difference is all that in the error log I
> posted before is now in my BASH window.
>
> To repeat, there is something quercky going on that prevents this installshield from running.

Can you capture the output from the bash window to a log file and post
it to pastebin?  We asked that you try a 32 bit architecture because
of the line:

c:\Program Files (x86)\.....

This indicates the program or its installer is 32 bit.

Try this for me:

[code]
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/wine32bit
export WINEARCH=win32
[/code]

Now try installing the program through Installshield to include
logging the output to a file.

Post the file to pastebin and provide dimesio and me with the URL here.

Thank you.

James