[Wine] Get configuration flags

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 19 21:26:52 CST 2011

Hello all.

Not often do I ask a question myself, but here's one:

How do I know which compile flags (and/or compiler toolkit) were used to build a wine binary that I may have? I'm asking this question because, somehow, my own compiled version of Wine can't run an application, even though binaries that I grabbed from packages for other distros do work: flawlessly, in fact.

I can live with restraining those "custom binaries" in their own dusty little folders, but I'd like to know why something that other people build works and something I don't doesn't. The only thing that configure tells me is that it can't find OpenCL, libsane, OSSv4 and libcapi20, which shouldn't make any difference. My guess is that it's the compiler messing up (GCC 4.4.5).

Cheers, and thanks,

Jorl17

Note: Of course I know I can go and ask those in charge of packaging these binaries how they built it, but I decided to ask just in case.