[Wine] Re: Unable to installe Oracle9i client with wine

sybi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 20 14:46:34 CST 2011

> Did you install Java into the SAME Wine prefix before trying to run
> the Oracle Installer?

I am not sure I understand your question. I installed Java in my ~/.wine/dirve_c/ directory. Of course, it is declared as the C: drive in winecfg. I also delcared the install CD-Rom directory in the driver tab.
I have also downloaded the Oracle 9i Client setup files from the oracle website. I could try to install it in the ~/.wine/dirve_c/ rather than using the one on the CD. However, I will still have to use the CD to install the software that I am interested in (which need Oracle9i) and I am guessing the same issue will happen again.

Sylvain