[Wine] Re: Unable to installe Oracle9i client with wine

sybi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 21 05:13:58 CST 2011

Hi vitamin,

As you suggested I upgraded to wine-1.3.35.

> You'll have to reinstall it after upgrading Wine. Also how exactly are you installing it?

I downloaded the java install executable (jre-6u30-windows-i586-s.exe) from the sun java website and put it in ~/.wine/drive_c/users/Public/Desktop/. I open a terminal, cd in this directory and then did 'wine jre-6u30-windows-i586-s.exe'. It installed sucessfully ('wine java -version' returns 'java version "1.6.0_30"').

Besides, in winecfg, in the drivers tab, I added /media/cdrom0 in D: and I declared it as CD-ROM.

Finally, I tried to run the setup.exe from the CD-ROM to install Oracle9i Client, but I got the same errors than the ones in my first post.