[Wine] Re: Runes of Magic - No log in window displayed on wine 1.3.35

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 21 08:25:39 CST 2011

toni wrote:

> Yes, you are right. I have seen the link you have posted and there are persons with the same problems having a Nvidia Go7600. My problem is that I have installed the latest drivers for my Nvidia and Linux OS, that is, version 290.10 so there is no solution here, only wait to the next new drivers from Nvidia. By upgrading my graphics card I understand you mean to replace it by another new one, but it is not possible since this is a laptop... so Are there other possibilities to make it work? no patches can be done in wine for these type of graphic cards?

Comment 86 in the bug report says

> For GeForce 7 and earlier I'm afraid
> there may not be much we can do to fix this.

so I wouldn't expect an official fix for this.

The bug report mentions two workarounds, a hacky patch that is over a year old and may not apply to current Wine, and building but not installing Wine 1.1.44 just for this game (run it from the build directory). The latter is definitely the safer way; just be aware that versions of Wine that old are no longer supported here, so if you run into problems, you are on your own.