[Wine] Warcraft 3: TFT or RoC in Wine

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 09:11:00 CST 2011

> This was my first installation of Wine. I never re-installed it on this computer.

Remember that the prefix and the install are separate items. The
install is in you system with the other applications. Your prefix
resides in your home folder at $HOME/.wine. If you never used wine on
your user home folder you would have had a clean prefix up to the
point that you started installing things in wine. The first time you
run a windows app with wine it will create a prefix if one does not
exist. If you tried any of the solutions for WC3 (some are very
outdated) in appdb.winehq.org or installed other windows software you
can have a prefix that prevents you from running WC3.

I would start with a clean prefix. Run the install in the terminal and
get a log. If the log is more than a few lines post the log on
pastebin.com and link here.

The instructions for getting a log are here:
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

--
John M. Drescher