[Wine] Can Wine run .NET WPF applications?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 02:15:43 CST 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 09:52, oiaohm <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen  If you are lucky the WPF you have used will fall inside silverlight requirements with Mono.

Although I am almost certain that the XAML is silverlight-compatible
(I wrote it by hand), Mono won't run it. I'll ask about that on the
Mono list.

> If not your stuffed.  Wine does not do anything special to support .net
> Native windows binary programs are far more likely to work than .net based stuff with wine.

I see, thanks. Yet another drawback to .NET development to mark down!

> Even better learn QT and basically release native linux and be done with it.

Of course! Qt is a technology that I am adding to my toolbox.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il