[Wine] Re: Wine doesn't write in the USB pendrive

André Luiz D. Queiroz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 27 06:14:49 CST 2011

Thank you, James.
Don't worry about security policy at my work. Actually, Firefox is the current 'official' browser, but my machine is an old one where it's not 'officially' installed. I'm not subject to any threat for using portable applications.
I've checked the winecfg, and the USB device wasn't  there. Ok, I set-up drive E: as the USB pendrive, with proper path ('/media/KINGSTON4GB'), but had to put it as hard drive, once I couldn't find a better option. Nevertheless, wine still can't see the device and/or Firefox directory as writeable...
When I took a look on it through Dolphin, the device is set as read & write for the user (myself).
And worse! Something got scrambled in my pendrive, my Windows machine at work isn't recognizing it!("seems to not be formatted!!")

Any help will be very appreciated !!
Regards!