[Wine] Re: Wine doesn't write in the USB pendrive

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 27 12:49:59 CST 2011

André Luiz D. Queiroz wrote:

> I'm not sure about user's rights; nevertheless, this problem begun after I changed form a previous Wine64 installation to Wine32,

Did you delete the wineprefix and create a new one? Because 32 bit Wine cannot use a 64 bit wineprefix.

> I chose to install Playonlinux 32 bits from Magia repository

PlayOnLinux is not supported here. If that's what you're using, ask for help in their forum.

> When I took a look on it through Dolphin, the device is set as read & write for the user (myself).
> And worse! Something got scrambled in my pendrive, my Windows machine at work isn't recognizing it!("seems to not be formatted!!")

Dolphin is buggy, particularly with writing large files, and I've had it corrupt the partition on a flash drive because of a failed write. Neither Windows nor Linux could read it, and I had to delete the partition and create a new one with gparted. I've switched back to using Konqueror as my file manager.