[Wine] Re: can't connect to mysql

lahmbi5678 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 27 21:01:08 CST 2011

Hi stefworld,

I don't know anything about mysqlyog, I assume, it is a windows .exe, and not a php script ?

If you need it running right now, you'd probably better use linux mysql. Note that in the past, the windows versions of mysql were known to have a lot of issues with wine, yet the entry in AppDB is really old, not many people were even trying to run it under wine.

It might be a bug in wine, and if it turns out to be one, you should file a bug in the bugzilla. First you should find out, if mysql or mysqlyog is having issues with wine. Did you make sure, that your mysql (windows version) is running fine in wine? Were you able to use the command line tool that comes with mysql to connect to your database? Even under windows things can go wrong, afair there's a really long troubleshooting section in the mysql documentation, you should make sure that you didn't miss anything.