[Wine] Playing new Star Wars MMO on MacOS 10.6

sd_fuller wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 28 13:04:10 CST 2011

Hi,
Wine looks like a great way to be able to play games that were only released on Windows... Is anyone currently using it to play the new star wars MMO?  If so, can you share with me how is it working for you?

I have a older 24" iMac (which is intel based - 2007) and based on what I am reading on the game site as well as here I think Wine would work (provided that the game is supported).  The SWTOR web site is saying that it SHOULD work with bootcamp, but that would also require buying a copy of windows as well as carving out hard disk space etc. - all to play a game that I am not sure would run or function properly.  Wine seems to be a much better solution.

I appreciate any feedback or suggestions from the community.

Thanks,
Scott