[Wine] Re: OpenGL issues on OSX (wine 1.3.21)

clanzotti wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 29 18:18:39 CST 2011

chyman wrote:
> Thanks guys,
>
> I did some more testing together with a developer, it seems like that the issue occurs whenever a program renders its OpenGL content into a 'child window' instead of directly into a top level window.
>
> The qtgears.exe uses child windows, other simple test applications e. g. from the DirectX9 SDK without rendering to child windows seem to work ok or had other failures.

> Thanks again for your support,
> Chyman

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but an old wine user. I can confirm the Chyman's problem on my Mac OSX Lion (Wine 1.3.35 [built both by using lion_winebuilder and a manual one], NVidia GeForce 9400, XQuartz 2.7.0 as well as 2.7.1 RC1).

The qtgears app (as well as custom apps that uses Qt) show the 'set off screen: invalid drawable' and a black screen problem .

The same apps works like a charm on the Wine's Linux counterpart.

Trying to give some help by debugging the 'hardest things'. I'll let you know.

Best Regards,

Carlo Lanzotti

DynaDream - Dynamic Laboratory

http://www.dynadream.com