[Wine] Re: JVM 7 fails to start

bobul wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 30 04:55:34 CST 2011

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 18:11 -0600, bobul wrote:
>
> > As I said - the application is not pure Java, it just uses JVM, it is
> > not open-source, it is commercial application and it also uses some
> > DLLs.
> >

> Gaaah! Another bunch of developers who don't understand the meaning of
> WORA.

my words... :)

> So now my problem is with the application, that it cannot find the jre
> when starting(it is started by .exe file) - the jre is located in one
> subfolder but it still cannot be found :-\

How does the app know where Java is installed (in a .INI file, the
registry, hard-coded into the program or what)?
[/quote]

You're right, there is a config file, which states the relative path to the jre the app uses (it brings it's own version with it) - looks like

Code:
<launcherConfig>
  <jvmParams
    jvmPath="./jre"
	jars="./lib"
	userConfigPath=""
	jvmOptions="-Xmx512m;-XX:PermSize=64m;-XX:MaxPermSize=160m;-XX:+DisableExplicitGC;-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false"
	AutomaticMemoryManagement="true" />
</launcherConfig>

So, could there be a problem with a relative path to JVM?

> If it can be configured, do so, by changing the config file or registry
> with the appropriate editor. Be sure to use Wine's version of regedit if
> its in the registry. If its not configurable, try running the program
> from the console, look through the console output to see where the
> program expects to find the JRE, and then put it where the program is
> looking.
>

> Martin

Tried to run it from the cmd, did not get any additional info :-|