[Wine] Re: OpenGL issues on OSX (wine 1.3.21)

clanzotti wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 30 18:36:16 CST 2011

Hi All,

Just to show progress on this:

- With Apple's X11 compiling/linking (and using the Apple's X11 runtime):
The app did not run, just lock and no reports at all.
- With Apple's X11 compiling/linking (and using the XQuartz runtime):

The apps run without problems, pretty fast and stable, but no OpenGL rendering at all (set off screen: invalid drawable).
- With the XQuartz compiling/linking (and using the XQuartz runtime):

The app did not run (see below)

X Error of failed request:  0
  Major opcode of failed request:  149 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  3318

This is just a little tests I made before going deep into this issues.

I want to le you note that the custom app I'm running (beside the qtgears sample) is an high-end big/complex app with so many dependencies (on the Windows front), and wine made it works pretty well (Using the mix X11/Quartz runtime).

Best Regards