[Wine] Re: Problems with DC Universe Online

eddie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 2 03:21:32 CST 2011

mneumonic wrote:

> eddie wrote:
> > Hmm... running in a virtual desktop allows me to start the game :) I'll be activating my subscription to try to play!
>
> Please let us know if this works.

After downloading 12 GB with the Launcher, restarting the Launcher to dowload some more patches, I was able to play the game! Create a new character and start in the starting area! All effect on high @ 1920x1080. FPS seemed fine.

Unfortunately for me, I have a ATI graphics card and I could not see my character model; not while creating the character or in-game. Fairly difficult to spot enemies and loot as well :p Interface look OK, menus worked, non-movable ingame objects where rendered.

I tried orm=backbuffer and UseGLSL=disabled, but both resulted a message that I didn't meet the requirements. Lowering the shadow quality in-game did't help. Any tips?