[Wine] Re: multiple wine versions

aldouxhuxley wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 4 10:09:40 CST 2011

Thanks both replies are helping.

I just wanted to clarify a few things though:

1. invoking env WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine-1.3.6/" and WINE=$HOME/.wine-1.3.6/wine winetricks doesn't seem to do anything that i can tell.

2. Is $HOME/.wine/drive_c/...etc.. the directory that each version of wine should be using?

3. Are my different versions of wine supposed to be installed to a separate folder in /usr/local ?
* I ask because invoking WINE=$HOME/.wine-1.3.6/wine winetricks says the following: "wine: configuration in '/home/weebz/.wine' has been updated."

4. I'm so confused by trying to operate 2 versions of wine  [Crying or Very sad] .. not even sure which directories are associated with what:

Code:
weebz at weebzlinux:~$ sudo find / -name 'wine'
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/wine
/home/weebz/.wine-1.3.6/include/wine
/home/weebz/.wine-1.3.6/libs/wine
/home/weebz/.wine-1.3.6/wine
/home/weebz/.wine-1.3.6/loader/wine
/home/weebz/.local/share/applications/wine
/var/lib/binfmts/wine
/var/cache/binfmts/wine
/usr/lib/wine
/usr/share/binfmts/wine