[Wine] snow leopard, freetype installed but not being found?

petem wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 8 16:06:56 CST 2011

Hi, I'm trying to build and use WINE on an OSX Snow Leopard machine. I build WINE yesterday, but didn't realise libfreetype was a problem (unable to find library) until I started ding WINE things. So I downloaded it from freetype.org and built/installed it into /usr/local/lib, but I still get the errors.

I decide to rebuild WINE and ran ./configure to find that it couldn't find freetype. Here's a snippet of the end of that section plus a little investigation of my own. It shows that that freetype-config IS ABLE to determine my suitability so what's the problem with the configure script and how to move past this? Thanks if you can help.