[Wine] Re: Wiki - consensus about personal pages?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 9 06:11:26 CST 2011

hennr wrote:

> I'd like to know if there is a consensus about linking to personal websites on the personal wiki page every new user gets in the wiki.

That's spam.  The wiki is not free advertising space for self-promotion.

> I maintain several games in the AppDB and created a wiki page recently describing some tricks for AppDB maintainers.

That information belongs in the AppDB, not the wiki.

> VitaliyMargolen deleted my whole site without any communications before which I find quite rude and annoying.
> Also, he put my blog URL in the Wiki blacklist and told me: "Personal pages for developers only."

You've already gotten your answer from one of the developers who monitors the wiki.

FYI, the wiki has already been brought down once because it hit the limit on subdirectories allowed by the filesystem. It had to be cleaned up manually. Providing personal pages for every user is not feasible.
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2010-July/085610.html