[Wine] Re: taxact 2010 install problem

green48 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 10 21:55:31 CST 2011

After installing TaxAct 2010, I also had the problem with only a partial screen loading and a blank help window popping up after I clicked on any of the visible options.   What worked for me was to install ie6 under winetricks, which is the same fix that I had to apply for 2009.  Note that I had first installed ie7, but that didn't work, so I removed it and then installed ie6.

With ie6 installed the functionality seems to be OK, though I haven't entered my return yet.  I do have a number of graphics (icons, probably) that aren't loading.  These are displaying as a box with a red x, and the missing graphics are mostly in the menu on the right side of the screen though in clicking around I've seen some on other screens also.  Although mildly annoying (some are simple graphics while others are links), it doesn't appear that will have any real impact on functionality, at least for me.  The forms, questions, etc do not seem to be affected.