[Wine] Centos + Wine + Ms Sans Serif.

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 11 08:15:08 CST 2011

DaVince <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Feb 11, 2011 7:03 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Re: Centos + Wine + Ms Sans Serif.
>
>Wine searches for fonts in /usr/share/fonts, I believe. Try putting the TTF there instead. Make sure the font actually
>appears in Linux native software first to have a guarantee that Wine should be able to detect it.

Wine should search the directory where fontconfig/fontforge is looking for them.  It should be what you stated as the default, Davince, but on my Mac it is a sub-directory of X11.

This is changed or set using an environment variable for FontConfig.  Using the set or env command look for a line like FONTCONFIG to detect if fonts should be in a different directory.  Also, fonts for Wine should be in the drive_c/windows/fonts directory, if I remember the layout of the Wine directory structure correctly.

James McKenzie