[Wine] No sound in wine with Ubuntu 10.10, native sound works fine

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Fri Feb 11 10:43:48 CST 2011

On 02/10/2011 06:10 PM, DaVince wrote:

> This is something you should ask on Ubuntu forums, but sudo apt-get uninstall pulseaudio is sufficient, I *believe*. If it's not, uninstalling PulseAudio and then compiling the Linux kernel from (a non-Ubuntu) source would. (I heard some PA stuff is patched into the Ubuntu kernel, not sure though).

Are you using speakers, or is this a headset? If it is a head set is it
USB or analog? I cannot get sound in wine to work with USB headphones,
but my analog speakers and headphones work fine. I'm not sure if that is
any help. :(

I am in Fedora and I don't know what differences there are in sound set
ups between that and Ubuntu. I do have pulse audio installed. In the
audio tab of winecfg I have both the pulseaudio and the OSS driver boxes
checked, hardware acceleration is 'Full,' default sample rate '44100',
and default bits per sample '16'. No clue if any of that is useful to you.