[Wine] windows/fonts files interference (bug?)

An00biS wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 11 15:30:41 CST 2011

Hello.

I'm running wine-1.3.12 on Fedora 14 and I found out that, since the last update, wine has issues when additional .ttf files are put in windows/fonts directory - wine picks them as a default font for GUI rendering. I tried putting in/out several different ttf files, and the results were mixed. Sometimes the font was picked. Sometimes ignored. And sometimes it caused wine to miss the built-in tahoma font, so GUI rendered in Lucida Console.

For me, this is quite an issue because I run Guitar Pro 5, which installs a 'Guitar Pro 5.ttf' font. The result is all my panels having musical notes instead of text, which isn't terribly usable  [Laughing]

My question is: is it a bug or is there something I missed? Anyone else experienced this?

Thx for any info.

~An00biS