[Wine] Re: No sound in wine with Ubuntu 10.10, native sound works fine

Ryan4200782 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 11 17:24:22 CST 2011

I am using the internal speakers in my Viewsonic monitor, hence the hdmi  audio through video card. I have deleted the wine directory as advised:

Code:
ryan at Ryans-System:~$ rm -rf $HOME/.wine
ryan at Ryans-System:~$ ls wine
ls: cannot access wine: No such file or directory
ryan at Ryans-System:~$

Then re-booted and entered winecfg:

Code:
ryan at Ryans-System:~$ winecfg
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/ryan/.wine'
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x8ede914, overlapped 0x8ede918): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/ryan/.wine' has been updated.
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA NVidia, disabling mixer
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA NVidia, disabling mixer

So, the registry errors went away, which is good. However, I still have:perfect  sound native, no sound in wine. Do i need to buy a cheap sound card and speakers? At first, hdmi audio did not work for Ubuntu, but i followed a howto at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1668737&page=2
which fixed the problem. The sound test for wine as always failed no matter what i have tried, consistently through a hd re-format/ re-install of ubuntu