[Wine] Scirra Construct

Nalzeroth wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 12 04:09:28 CST 2011

Alright, I am currently trying to run Scirra's program "Construct" on my Mac OSX version 10.6.4. I have wine and I have managed to install construct into the wine files and have found it. Everything is good so far. I have tried running the .exe file from file management in Wine and have had no luck as it doesn't seem to want to open for me. So I went and in the wine files in my Mac HDD went and found where construct was installed and using winebottler turned the .exe of construct into a .app file format. Doing this has gotten me the farthest as double clicking on it will have wine prepare to open it and then...nothing happens! Wine will finish opening the app and but nothing will happen and no application will appear. Maybe I am not doing something right or somehow skipped a step in setting up Wine but I know that I have the most current version and I am not totally sure what it is I should do if I am doing anything more wrong. I am sorry I can't be more specific with what the actual problem is but I just don't know. Having this up and running for me is important as I am working with friends on indie game development and I'd like to be able to contribute beyond working with textures and design.

So, again, I cannot open the .exe directly in Wine but it is installed. So using wine bottler I made the .exe a .app and when I go to open it Wine will prepare to open and it look like its doing something and when it is finished, when an application would normally open, nothing happens. Could someone please help with my problem?

Thank you.