[Wine] Valve Steam -- Virtual Desktop Question

willmtemple wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 12 17:36:11 CST 2011

Is it possible to run steam like normal, in gnome, and have the games it launches run in virtual desktop mode? I only particularly want this with Dead Space 2, as it has problems not running in VD mode.I have tried to set Steam.exe as non virtual desktop, and deadspace2.exe as virtual desktop, but it just launches DS2 in the gnome environment.

tl;dr Can I have an app running in Gnome desktop launch a virtual desktop app?

I have wine 1.3.13 on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid.