[Wine] Starcraft 2 Patch Issues

Noid wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 13 11:28:24 CST 2011

Hey everybody, relatively new Linux and Wine user here, and I'm having some issues with Starcraft 2.

I'm able to download Starcraft 2 just fine.  My issues are with the patches.  Once I try to start up Starcraft, it goes to the patching window as it normally does in Windows.  However, after a couple of seconds, the window just closes.  I've tried running the Blizzard Updater.exe, but it says that I don't have to download any patches.  I've tried manually installing the patch, but that's a .exe file which does nothing when run or when put in the updates folder.

Has anybody had this issue before, and have any ideas what is wrong with it?

-Noid