[Wine] Re: Forward-Compatibility with Ubuntu 11.04 (10.10 Netbook) plus

ATMarsden wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 14 14:53:53 CST 2011

Point 1, RE:TParker and Vitamin:

While I see your point in saying it is Ubuntu's fault, they are adamant about removing the dock from the Unity interface, and so it seems more likely that Wine will be able to adapt, rather than our complaints to Canonical falling on deaf ears. I am not certain how the solution would work, I just felt that the Wine Forum was a good place to raise it, as I've seen similar issues raised on Canonical, to no response.

Point 2, RE:Vitamin

The issue here is that it takes the default icon for the PROCESS, rather than for the WINDOW, and, as stated, groups all the windows together into one "convenient" tab (based on process name, it seems). Whether this is something to be fixed by Wine or Unity remains to be seen.

DanKegel

I will file a bug as per your suggestion.[/b]