[Wine] Re: Forward-Compatibility with Ubuntu 11.04 (10.10 Netbook) plus

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 14 19:50:20 CST 2011

ATMarsden wrote:
> While I see your point in saying it is Ubuntu's fault, they are adamant about removing the dock from the Unity interface

You are welcome to explain that to everyone who writes Widows programs that create tray icons... There is not much Wine can do about it. And if Ubuntu so bend to removing mandatory part of the Xorg desktop then that interface simply won't be supported by Wine.

ATMarsden wrote:
> The issue here is that it takes the default icon for the PROCESS, rather than for the WINDOW

Which is a bug in window manager and should be fixed. There are reasons why each Window can have it's own Icon. Again this is part of the standard which gets broken by unity WM.