[Wine] Re: WoW crashes randomly during gameplay.

Snydar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 15 15:07:56 CST 2011

Okay, so I have now downgraded wine to the latest stable version. 1.2.2

I have also applied the edit to the Wow.exe file to make it into a 64 bit application.

Before I had my terminal limited in length that it would keep track of, but have now set it to unlimited so I can go back further.

If I still have some crashes, I will paste the new terminal log.

Also, I still have a problem with occasional freezes while playing. The game will pause for about 10 seconds (others observe my character as 'running in place' if you are familiar with that... it implies someone is disconnecting usually.) Then if I check the system monitor, one of my CPU's will be maxed out at 100% and the others are fine. Then after the 10 seconds, the game will resume to normal.

Is there a fix known for this?

Sorry I do not know all of the information I should provide, but that is the best I can explain it. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.