[Wine] CS 1.6 lagging badly (Intel 4500MHD)

GTMoraes wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 15 22:37:53 CST 2011

Hey, I'm running Ubuntu Maverick with Wine 1.2.2. Computer specs on my signature.

I'm trying to play Counter Strike 1.6 on my netbook at my philosophy classes, but I'm getting a lot of lag (we're talking about <10 FPS here).
When I had the power-hog Windows, I used to play it nicely, around 60fps (hey, I'm on a netbook), but now in Ubuntu Mav., I'm getting that slow gameplay (jeez, it's <10FPS under normal gameplay, I didn't test the smoke grenade, otherwise I think this net would explode or something)

I'm using the default drivers. Lightweight graphic demands, such as fancy windows movements, an moving taskbar (MacOS style) and a wallpaper switcher (Desktop Drapes - every 5 min) are running nicely. Videos and movies also do play fine, so does the native game Wormux and GIMP.

So, what am I supposed to do? I've seen three million tutorials around the web... for nVidia and AMD. I'm running Intel here, unfortunately.

Sorry for my english, I'm brazillian.