[Wine] Re: Getting "Dungeons" to work

wo0p wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 17 14:26:20 CST 2011

James Mckenzie wrote:
> wo0p <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Sent: Feb 17, 2011 11:51 AM
> > To: wine-users at winehq.org
> > Subject: [Wine]  Getting "Dungeons" to work
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to know if there is any info on how to get the game "Dungeons" by Kalypso Media to work. I can't get it to work on my installation, but the strange thing it just quits with no error whatsoever (to be more precise, it never even starts)
> >
> > This is all the output i get:
> >
> > clean wineprefix, only thing installed is .net 2, .net 3.5 and mono28
> >

> Can you try again with a new clean wineprefix and only mono28?
>
> James McKenzie

Sure, i can do that:

Code:
[woop at woopstation:Kalypso Media/Dungeons]$ WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-dungeons wine DungeonsStarter.exe
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:mscoree:CorExitProcess (80131700) stub

I forgot to mention that the installation completes (apparently, I don't have a windows system to check against) without problems, except that the progress bar is not showing any progress.

Btw, when i post to this forum, should I quote previous posts like i just did because it goes to a mailing list? Or is that done automatically?