[Wine] Steam crashes at startup (with no error message) on Ubuntu

samax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 17 15:13:09 CST 2011

Hello,
I have issues launching Steam with Wine on my Kubuntu 10.10 x64. When I try to launch it, it exits just after having displayed the Steam interface. It not even displays any error message.

Here is the log messages produced by Wine when I try to launch Steam (obtained by launchingSteam with the command "WINEDEBUG=warn+all wine ./Steam 2> steamlaunch.log" (sorry for the megaupoload link): steamlaunch.log (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=45G5OILF)

Does someone has an idea of what can resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance![/url]