[Wine] How to set path to .NET runtime to use

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 12:41:10 CST 2011

If you want to use Mono with a Wine prefix, do not install .NET into
that prefix. Once you've installed .NET in a prefix, there is no clean
way to reverse that.

If you have installed Mono in the prefix using its official Windows
installer, and you haven't installed .NET, Wine should use that.

The winehq wiki page http://wiki.winehq.org/Mono ("Installation" and
"Using Custom Mono Builds in old Wine") describe exactly how Wine
searches for Mono. If you want to force it, you can make a symlink
from c:\windows\mono\mono-2.0 to C:\Program Files\Mono-2.8.1.

I don't understand any of what you're saying about OLE. If you're
getting any messages from mscoree, maybe I can help with that.