[Wine] Re: Are logfiles generated for for wine sessions?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 20 10:58:29 CST 2011

Ranguvar wrote:
> There are Windows-style drives, actually.
> They are mapped to ~/.wine/drive_X/, where X is the letter (of course,
> if your WINEPREFIX is set in a different place, it won't be ~/.wine/).

Wrong. The only default drive that Wine creates is c:. Do the only directory you'll see there is drive_c.

cappy wrote:

> If wine is generating error messages in the console, that tells me the apis the program is calling may not be returning the right results, causing the program to not behave correctly. This may eventually lead to the crashing program crashing.

Wrong. It tells you nothing. Wine prints lots of debug messages, all of them mean nothing, unless you are a Wine developer. And even then, it won't be useful unless there is a problem.

Topic closed, you've got your answer.