[Wine] phase-6 program crashes with ubuntu 10.10 and wine 1.3.12

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 20 21:37:45 CST 2011

On 2/20/11 1:06 AM, perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:
> "Vangelis"<wineforum-user at winehq.org>  wrote:
>
>> Are you saying that N450 processors with their associated
>> integrated graphics are not supported by wine and will never
>> be supported by wine?
> Wine is just a user-space program.  Like any such program, it
> depends on Linux to manage the display.  Linux in turn depends
> on drivers to handle the details of controlling various hardware.
> The available Linux drivers for N450 integrated graphics do not
> provide the capabilities that wine needs.

This is why I recommended getting a netbook with an nVidia video card.
Intel GPUs are crappy to begin with and their Linux drivers are not up
to running Wine.  If they had a public spec file, then maybe then a
project could start to build better drivers then they make.  Otherwise,
built-in video from Intel is going to be the last option I look at for a
Linux system to run Wine with.

James McKenzie